Sunday 21 September 2014

OPI "little Northies"...The OPI Nordic Collection Mini Set | Swatches

I have to say that when I saw OPI's new Nordic Collection released, I was drawn to several shades. Although I am interested in each new release from OPI, I have only purchased the odd shade from their last few collections.  I have quite a large amount of nail polish, so I try to be careful about not purchasing shades that are too similar...most of the time...

I don't normally purchase the mini sets, but this one was calling to me! I have some swatches below to share today. I applied, and then photographed them in fairly quick succession, so none of the swatches shown have a base or top coat. Again, apologies for the variation in lighting... I only use natural light, and try to choose the photographs that will give you best idea of the true colour. If you google swatches, you will always find slight variations in colour, and I believe variations in skin tone can also affect the way the colour is captured. This will not be a review as such, merely initial thoughts on formula, colour and finish.


Anyway, enough rambling...scroll away!



OPI little NORTHIES



OPI My Dogsled is a Hybrid
I have heard many people describe this a mint green, however I agree with OPI's description, a creamy sea green. I believe I described it as a pale jade green when I posted a pic on Instagram. In any case, let's not pick hairs, its a gorgeous shade! Definitely unique to my collection. The first coat of this shade was a little difficult to work with and quite streaky, but evened out nicely with the second coat. If you were fussy you might prefer three. It has quite a nice gloss to it even in the absence of a top coat.



OPI - Do You Have This Colour in Stockholm?
One of the more popular shades from the collection, OPI describe this shade as an icy blue violet. To me, it is a mesmerising, deep royal blue/purple. Largely dependent on the light, it can appear more blue, or more purple. It has the most beautiful depth, and a gorgeous smooth formula. Two easy, smooth coats, and again, a lovely gloss even without a top coat. Very sophisticated...



OPI - My Voice is a Little Norse
It is not until you place this polish in direct light that the magic appears, as with most glitters I suppose! Let's not hold me to that groundbreaking statement!! My first thought was to pair it with Do You Have this Colour in Stockholm? I think it makes a stunning combo! Do excuse the awkward angle of my hand, I was trying to capture the tiny holographic glitters, which are notoriously difficult to photograph. I didn't think I would consider purchasing the full size of this one...I think I have changed my mind...



OPI How Great is Your Dane?
Described by OPI as a cinnamon coffee, I feel it leans a little more neutral/cool toned and chocolately on me. Another beautiful formula, two quick coats for a gorgeous, rich autumnal manicure. I likey...



I purchased my little NORTHIES pack from Discount Beauty Boutique, an online store Australia. You can find it here. OPI is notoriously expensive for us Aussies, and Discount Beauty Boutique offer theirs at a much lower rrp, and also sell a wide variety of brands including OPI, China Glaze, CND, Sigma Brushes, NYX cosmetics, and many more. . Well worth a mooch lovelies....


Have you picked up any shades from the OPI Nordic Collection? Do you have any favourites?


Thanks so much for stopping by!


Blessings,


Lou xo






4 comments:

  1. Amazing shades. They look delicious! I've always loved the winter shades on nail polish :)
    Xx
    PeMi
    PennyMilou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a beautiful depth don't they? I have actually purchased a few full size shades from this collection already! Thanks so much for your lovely comment! Lou xo

      Delete
  2. This is my favourite mini set! Love it. Bought the brights too but don't like it at all.
    L
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally go for the mini's either, but this one's kicking goals for sure! I have recently purchased some full size polishes from the Nordic collection...will try to have some more swatches up soon! Lou xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...