Friday 5 September 2014

Antipodes Reincarnation Pure Facial Exfoliator | Review

If you are a regular reader of my blog you will know that I am a big fan of chemical exfoliation, ( if you are a regular reader of my blog, then I am a big fan of you! ).

In fact, I don't think I have used a physical ( or granular ) exfoliant for the better part of 18 months. So when I was recently gifted the Antipodes Reincarnation Pure Facial Exfoliator,  I was slightly hesistant to give it a go. 

In the past, I have found granular scrubs to be less than helpful to my combo/oily/acne prone complexion. I found them to be irritating, increase inflammation, and they would often spread the infection from current blemishes that I was experiencing. Not nice.

However, this product has changed my mind. Antipodes Reincarnation exfoliator is luxurious, nourishing, and very gentle on the skin. As Antipodes say "offer your skin new life"....alrighty then!
















The base of kaolin, and apricot and avocado oils house very tiny jojoba beads. You may be able to see the texture in the photograph above, but they are very small. It has lovely dose of antioxidants from carrot seed oil and grapeseed extract, and calendula to calm and soothe redness. The fragrance is subtle and spa-like, with tonka bean, sweet orange and cedarwood blending together beautifully.

After cleansing, whilst my face is still moist, I take a blob about the size of a small grape and smooth it gently over my face. Using my finger tips, with very light pressure, I massage the product over my skin.  I do avoid massaging blemished areas, however I use a very gentle press and roll motion over the areas where I may have blemishes that are not infected and are starting to heal. 

The texture is thick, creamy and luxurious, and rinses away nicely. Because it has an oil base, I follow with a warm/hot flannel just to finish off, and to make sure I have removed all of the product. My skin feels soft, smooth and looks plump and fresh. On with the hydrating mist, serum and moisturiser, and my makeup just glides on. Lovely.

Antipodes recommend Reincarnation Exfoliator for all skin conditions. It's recommended retail price is $42.00 AU. Worth every penny if you ask me. I will certainly be purchasing.

I would probably reach for this around once a week, or whenever the mood takes me. Even though it is very gentle, I avoid using AHA's or BHA's on the same day. I believe that it is recommended to do so, as it can be irritating to the skin. The surest sign for me that my skin is irritated, apart from inflammation, is increased oil production. Two things I try really hard to avoid, so I will heed that advice.

For you Aussie's, Antipodes is available at Priceline Pharmacy where is it currently 20% off!! I can't actually see Reincarnation online, but I have noticed it in-store, so do check your local area. I have also just found it on Myer's website here, and they currently have a gift with purchase as well!! It is also available online at Adore Beauty ,(one of my favourite online beauty stores), and Feel Unique and Beauty Bay both of which offer free worldwide shipping.

If you are interested in reading about Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask, I have favourably reviewed it here.

Have you tried Antipodes Reincarnation pure facial exfoliator? Are you a crushed walnut shell lover? (save it for your body). What is your favourite gentle exfoliator? I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to ask questions or leave a comment below!



Thanks so much for stopping by!



Blessings,



Lou xo



Disclaimer: As I mentioned in the body of this post, this product was gifted to me for consideration. This does not affect my thoughts/opinions on this product, I am always honest in my reviews. Do note that what may work for me, may not work for you. I can only share my experience. Cheers xo

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying to try this, I've heard such good things so I better hot foot it to Priceline quickly while the sale is on! I'm also a big fan of chemical exfoliation, but don't mind giving a physical exfoliator a run every once in a while, as long at it's gentle like this one seems to be :)

    Angie || the maquillage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie, I know what you mean, sometimes it does just feel nice to use a gentle one, and this one is probably the most gentle I have ever tried. Do let me know if you pick it up, would love to hear your thoughts! Lou xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...