Tuesday 24 November 2015

Opi Venice Collection | Swatches


I'm not sure that I have loved an OPI collection as much as I love the shades in the Venice Collection.
I was gifted the mini set a few months ago, and then continued to research swatches and reviews of the other shades. Four more shades were soon purchased, and I have some manicures to share with you today! The formulas on all of these are good...two, easy coats for full opacity. They are rich and opulent, and have a good variety of shades, ranging from creamy nudes to muted pastels, to deep, rich jewel tones. I don't have the full collection, but I love each and every one that I'm showing you today!

I always preface in my nail polish posts that I am a nail polish enthusiast only... I am not a nail/nail art blogger. I take all my photographs in natural light, and do all of my mani's myself.

I hope you enjoy the swatches...do let me know which is your favourite shade!









OPI VENICE COLLECTION - My Gondola or Yours? and Worth a Pretty Penne.

I would call My Gondola or Yours? a warm black. It has an almost dirty, charcoal base which you see as you apply the first coat, which is a little patchy to be honest. The second coat will see you right, and the finish is glossy and luxe. 
It's a gorgeous black polish.

I used a sponge to apply Worth a Pretty Penne in layers to the base of my nails, building it up to full coverage, and then sheering it out as I moved up the nail. I love this combo.


OPI VENICE COLLECTION - Gelato on My Mind and Worth a Pretty Penne.

Gelato on My Mind seems to lean a little more blue in photographs, but she is a quintessential mint green, cream polish that has a gorgeous, smooth formula. Some mint polishes leave a little to be desired in the formula department, not this one. I would happily wear this shade all year round. Gorgeous.

Worth a Pretty Penne made another appearance, this time I used a thin nail striping tape as my guide, carefully placed the polish inside the taped lines, and then removed the tape immediately. I love this combo too! This mani was inspired by an nail artist on Instagram, her account name is @ellaberlin_nails .... go check her out!

My bottle of Worth a Pretty Penne is a mini... I'm thinking I might need to purchase the full size!



OPI VENICE COLLECTION - A Great Opera-tunity.

When I first saw A Great Opera-tunity, I wasn't sure that it would be flattering on my skin tone. She is a very peachy, melon shade, and I normally lean towards peachy shades that have a little more pink in them. However, I soon changed my mind once it was on my nails. It is really quite flattering I think! What do you think?

I have noticed a lot of manicures using A Great Opera-tunity paired with Worth a Pretty Penne... it 
also makes a beautiful combination!



OPI VENICE COLLECTION - Tiramisu for Two and Baroque but still Shopping.

Oh Tiramisu for Two you make me smile... a BEAUTIFUL cool toned nude that is just so flattering. I adore this shade, and the formula, again, is a beaute. 

Baroque but still Shopping has an intricate mix of both pale gold/champagne micro-glitters and larger pieces of gold glitter, giving it an almost textured, satin finish on the nail... a little bit like brushed metal. I love it. I love that it is not just a straight glitter, and I love the tone of it. I believe this is one of three limited edition shades in the collection.



OPI VENICE COLLECTION - St Mark's the Spot.

St Mark's the Spot is another one of the three limited edition shades, and as soon as I saw swatches of her I knew she had to be mine. Apologies that my photograph is a little dark, but you can still see the depth of colour, and how luminous and glowing she is... seriously stunning!! If you are a sucker for jewel toned polishes like I am, then you need this in your life!



Do you have a favourite shade? I find it hard to pick a favourite! Are there any other shades that you would recommend me to purchase?



Thanks so much for stopping by!



Blessings,



Lou xo









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...