Thursday 21 November 2013

On My Nails Today...

Hello!

These two little sparkly numbers caught my eye recently whilst window *cough* shopping a week ago and what do you know??... they end up in a cheery little pink plastic bag and accompany me home! Does that ever happen to anyone else?....

 Rimmel London have released their version of the recently popular textured finish nail polish. Opting for the ethereal name "star dust" for their line, I must admit I was enticed by the sparkle and shine that these shades were emitting from their lovely little display.

Without further ado...allow me to introduce to you, "Aurora" 003 and "Moon Walking" 006






Aurora - 2 coats, no top coat




Moon Walking - 2 coats, no top coat.
(Please excuse my old lady hands)


No complaints about ease of application with both of these. The textured polishes are very forgiving, I was probably the most relaxed I've ever been painting my nails! Wielding the same wide flat brush as their sister polishes, they fit nicely against the nail bed and the formula dries very quickly!

Once dry, your nails will feel a bit like a fine grade sandpaper to touch. Both of these shades have lovely reflective glitters, which of course I found hard to translate in the photographs for you.

I have noticed the nail tip looking a little worn and dull after 2 days. I have two options there...you can easily throw on another coat, or just touch up the tips without it being visible ( all hidden by the texture). And there is always the top coat option! Removal is similar to a standard glitter polish, in my opinion less difficult.

Have you tried any textured polishes? Do you have a favourite shade or brand? I have my eye on a few of the OPI liquid sands, in particular some of the Bond Girls collection, and also the recently released Mariah Carey Christmas collection. I would love to hear your favourites, or what is on your wishlist!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings

Lou xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...